thinkport VIENNA has just started the MultiRELOAD Open Innovation challenge. Let's see what this means.
AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS ON INLAND WATERWAYS – TRANSPORT SOLUTIONS
We are looking for cost-effective solutions that help to „revolutionize“ the existing transport market. The aim is to demonstrate ideas on how multimodal transports of part loads of different products/goods (bulk goods and general cargo – also palletized) on inland waterways are possible.
MultiRELOAD is an European cooperation for the development of innovative inland port solutions for efficient, effective and sustainable multimodality. It enhances the collaboration between different freight nodes in Europe to jointly test innovations and create favourable market conditions for multimodal freight transport solutions. To this end, MultiRELOAD will demonstrate solutions in three Innovation Areas with specific aims by 2025, mirroring the measures of the EU’s Smart Mobility Strategy. For more details see also: MultiRELOAD
OPEN INNOVATION CHALLENGE (OIC): be part of the innovation process —>>>be part of it: REGISTER HERE<<<—
- Innovation Challenges are published innovation needs that help to find relevant ideas, technologies, and innovative approaches to solving specific problems in a kind of competition.
- Method to generate innovative ideas and new solution approaches.
- Participants are asked to generate ideas for developing or improving products, services, processes or customer experiences.
- Organizers will stay in contact with the participants of the challenge through regular updates, needed input and feedback.
- Innovators with the best-fit solutions will be selected at the end to participate in the co-development, testing and launch of their ideas.
WHAT: Agricultural products are currently only transported in bulk on inland waterways in quantities of over 1,000 tons. Smaller quantities are transported by rail or – primarily – by truck. We are looking for cost-effective solutions that help to „revolutionize“ the existing transport market. The aim is to demonstrate ideas on how multimodal transports of part loads of different goods (bulk goods and general cargo – also palletized) on inland waterways are possible.
- A test pilot for a multimodal road-inland waterway transport is to be developed and implemented.
- The aim is to demonstrate that multimodal transports of part loads of different products/goods on inland waterways are possible.
- The desired solution should enable the transport of bulk goods and general cargo (also palletized).
Submit now and win! The OIC brings innovations that have emerged through the strength of the crowd onto the stage and awards the idea bringers together with the implementing companies. As an idea provider, you have the initial spark for sustainable change in inland waterway transportation?
WHY IS IT GOOD TO BE PART OF IT:
- As a winner, you’ll be at the center of the intermodal port scene: the OIC is your ticket to networking with key players such as the Port of Vienna and Port of Duisburg and to PR activities. There is a chance to implement the idea with the partners of the project.
- The MultiRELOAD OIC increases the visibility of your project in the whole D-A-CH area.
- The best ideas will be awarded, there will be prizes for the winners.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR IDEAS (Deadline: 07.12.2023):
- Why is it important to register for the Challenge: On the platform, users have the opportunity to rate ideas, communicate with each other or submit ideas themselves. Since this is an interactive process, a low-threshold registration on the platform is necessary.
- —>>>be part of it: REGISTER HERE<<<—
- go to Challenges and select MultiRELOAD
- click VIEW DETAILS button
- click SUBMIT button
The MultiRELOAD project receives funding under the Horizon Europe Call “Safe, Resilient Transport and Smart Mobility services for passengers and goods” | Call ID: HORIZON-CL5-2021-D6-01, Grant ID: 101069796.